The beach line of Middelkerke is the longest of Belgium. And did you know that Middelkerke counts the most sun hours of the entire Belgian coast? If you are interested in a beach holiday in Belgium, Middelkerke definitely is a good destination!
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Middelkerke will offer you peace and quietness. The beaches will be cleaned everyday during the summer. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
In Middelkerke you can swim under supervision of safeguards and first-aid professionals during July and August. The beach is also provided with many showers.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Middelkerke will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and the lifeguards and the rescue brigade whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the local cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks, icecream, lunch and diner.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
Floating Bodies prohibited
Dogs at the beach
The beaches of Middelkerke be an attractive environment for recreation, for both humans and dogs. And what could be better than a walk on the beach with your dog. In the summer season are dogs, either loose or on a leash, not on all the beaches of the Belgian coast welcome.
There are 2 specific areas where you can walk with your dog on the beach:
- At wave breakers: the beach next to the supervised Sint-Laureins zone, direction Nieuwpoort.
- At wave breakers: the beach next to the supervised ‘Carlton’ zone, direction Oostende.
Dogs do not have to be kept on a leash in those areas. Between June 15 and September 15, except the period mentioned above, it is forbidden to take your dog to walk on the beach.
Please read the information boards carefully, which are at each beach (entrance).
Voici un aperçu des plages de Middelkerke
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.