Dogs on beach
Nearest beach for dogs at Middelkerke
Horses on beach
Horse-riding is allowed on the beach outside the Belgian Easter holidays, Pentecost holidays and between 1 June and 15 September. Please note, this is only permitted in the following zones:
- between 7.30 pm and 12.00 am between the Paul Houyouxstraat groyne and Zeedijk No. 300 (Hotel Bellevue);
- between 7.30 pm and 12.00 am between the Strandlaan groyne and Nieuwpoort.
Please bear in mind that riding must always be as close to the waterline as possible. Horseback shrimp fishers or mounted police are exempted from the above regulations.
All horses accessing the beach must wear visible identification which can be obtained at the council office or at the horse riding stables.
Near the beach
- C-Hotels Excelsior; ±50 m
- Hotel Honfleur; ±200 m
- Hotel Kristoffel; ±350 m
- Hotel Middelpunt; ±850 m
- Hotel De Zeebries Budget; ±900 m
- Hotel De Zeebries; ±900 m
- Acropolis; ±1,7 km
- Ibis budget Oostende Airport; ±1,8 km
- Hotel Belle Dune (Adults Only); ±2,3 km